Lens Culture International Exposure Awards discover, reward, and promote talented, new, emerging and established photographers from around the world.
Exciting images from every continent, and from diverse points of view: documentary, fine art, photojournalism, street photography, nature, sports, fashion, poetic, personal, abstract and human are wanted.
An international jury of photography experts will review and judge every photo submitted.
Two categories of photographs will be judged:
- Portfolio Award
Submit 10 to 15 photographic images that are linked – thematically, aesthetically, as a story, or simply as a range of your photographic talent. Edit your selections carefully, since this category will be judged on the strength of the group of photographs as a whole, and not as individual photographs.
- Single Image Photo Awards
Often, a single powerful photograph captures our attention as important, artistic, meaningful, and memorable. A great photo can stand on its own, demonstrating a remarkable level of visual perception, sensitivity, and creativity. Photographs of all genres and all categories are welcome.
- Portfolio Category Prizes:
- Grand Prize $2,500 cash
- 2nd Prize $1,000 cash
- 3rd Prize $500 cash
- Plus: Each winning portfolio will be presented in a prominent feature article in Lens Culture (along with the photographers’ names and links to their web pages), plus publication in Lens Culture’s deluxe 2010 Winner’s Catalog, and inclusion in the International Exposure Awards traveling exhibitions – all powerful ways to get the attention of hundreds of thousands of photography lovers!
- Prizes for Single Image Photo Awards:
- Grand prize: $1,500 cash
- 2nd prize: $500 cash
- 3rd prize: $250 cash
- Plus: All Single Image Winners will be presented in a prominent feature article in Lens Culture (along with the photographers’ names and links to their web pages), plus publication in Lens Culture’s deluxe 2010 International Exposure Awards Winners Catalog, and inclusion in the International Exposure Awards traveling exhibitions.
- 25 Honorable Mention Awards:
25 Honorable Mention photographs (chosen by the judges from either category – Portfolio or Single Image) will win prominent placement of a single photo on the Award Winner’s Page in Lens Culture, including a link to your own personal or professional website. Plus publication in Lens Culture’s deluxe 2010 International Exposure Awards Winners Catalog, and inclusion in the International Exposure Awards traveling exhibitions.
- All levels of emerging and professional photographers are invited to apply for these awards.
- To qualify to enter the competition, you must be over 18 years of age.
- Entries will be disqualified if they have already won major international awards or have been previously featured in extensive international press coverage.
- For good image quality and fast upload, your image files should be less than 2 MB each, and sized around 1024 x 768 pixels @ 72 ppi.
How to enter?
Submit your entries via the official online entry form.
- $75 for the Portfolio category, or $35 (to submit one photo)
- $60 (to submit two to five photos) for the Single Image category