Laka Architektura has just launched an international architecture competition with the intention to promote the issue of “architecture that reacts“.
Laka invites designers from around the world to submit their ideas of ‘architecture that reacts’ — which is able to respond and adjust dynamically to the current needs and circumstances. These circumstances are often unpredictable, but their consequences can be crucial. The architecture that reacts is the architecture that lives as a living organism, since it responds to the external stimuli and it develops because of it.
The 2015 Laka competition offers $5,000 in prizes, of which $2,500 are reserved for the 1st Prize winning project.
Winners and special mentions will be published in several international online magazines and at the Laka Competitions website. The best proposals will be selected and commented on by the international panel of judges.
Laka invites architects, students, engineers, biologists, sociologists, designers, thinkers and organizations to submit their ideas. No professional qualifications are necessary. Interdisciplinary teams are also welcome.
The competition jury includes:
- Maria Aiolova (Architect, Co-Founder of Terreform ONE)
- Chris Bosse (Architect, Co-Founder of LAVA)
- Giacomo Costa (Artist, Photographer, Author of The Chronicles of Time)
- Marc Fornes (Architect, Founder of THEVERYMANY™)
- Guy Hoffman (Roboticist, Co-director of IDC Media Innovation Lab)
- Peter Kuczia (Architect, author of CO2 Saver House)
- Dave Pigram (Designer, Founding partner of SUPERMANOEUVRE)
Laka Competition 2015 Registration Fees
Registration fees vary depending on the period of registration, as follows:
- Early Registration: 50 USD until 1 July 2015
- Regular Registration: 75 USD until 1 October 2015
- Late Registration: 100 USD until 20 October 2015