A new Italian film festival has recently opened a call for submissions. La Guarimba International Film Festival, which will be held in Amantea, Italy, 10-11 August 2013, is calling to filmmakers worldwide and is accepting short films produced after 1 January 2011 on any theme.
La Guarimba Film Festival will announce winners in several different categories and will award three cash prizes.
The goal of the Festival is to take cinema to a town – Amantea – whose movie theaters have been shut down.
Submissions Are Now Open For The First La Guarimba International Film Festival
All short films of any nationality and language can participate. Those short films that are not in Italian or Spanish, must be subtitled after they are selected (just for the screening, not for the selection).
All themes are allowed and only films produced after 1 January 2011 will be accepted.
Each contestant can participate with a maximum of 2 works, but these have to be submitted separately.
The Festival’s jury is committed to give away the following prizes:
- Best International Short Film Prize (1000 Euro)
- Best Italian Short Film Prize (1000 Euro)
- Best Stop Motion and Animated Short Film (500 Euro)
- Best Filmmaker Prize (Trophy)
- Best Script Prize (Trophy)
- Best Photography Prize (Trophy)
- Best Editing Prize (Trophy)
- Best Sound Quality Prize (Trophy)
- Best Actor Prize (Trophy)
- Best Actreess Prize (Trophy)
More details are available on the official website.
The entry fee for international short films is 10 Euro.