The Lighting Architecture Movement Project (LAMP) has launched its 2015 International Lighting Design Competition, to once again offer designers the opportunity to engage their talents in unique conceptual explorations and to connect the local community to architecture and design.
This year the competition is themed “Crystallize” and open for entries in three (3) separate categories: Student, Emerging & Established.
The L A M P 2015 competition includes a Grand Prize of $1,000, a $500 Inform Interiors Award and a professional internship at Andlight.
The competition theme is open to broad interpretation and there are no limitations on materials which can be used.
Each project is evaluated on its own merits according to the following criteria:
- Aesthetics: Contemporary, visually stimulating, innovative, unique and marketable.
- Function: Simplicity in its intended use.
- Creativity: A unique approach & incorporation of the theme ‘crystallize’.
- Social and Environmental Responsibility: Respectful use of materials.
- Creative Interpretation of Theme: Please clearly state the design’s individual take on this year’s theme “crystallize” in the concept statement.
The competition jury includes: Tom Dixon, Omer Arbel, Michael Anastassiades, Nancy Bendtsen, John Patkau, Andlight & Falken Reynolds.
L A M P 2015 Competition Entry Fees
- $75 per Established entry
- $50 per Emerging entry
- $30 per Student entry