Lower East Side Printshop, the premier not-for-profit printmaking studio in New York, has opened applications for its 2013 Keyholder Residency Program, for residencies starting on 1st October 2013.
The program offers emerging artists — under-recognized and under-represented artists at early stages in their careers — free 24-hour access to printmaking facilities to develop new work and foster their artistic careers.
A total of 8 artists are awarded the residency annually.
Even though the residency is only open to current legal US residents, there are now limits to nationality.
Keyholder Residency includes:
- 24-hour shared studio access
- $1,000 stipend
- storage space
- basic supplies (newsprint, blotters, solvents, cleaners)
- one free class in printmaking and consultations with Master Printers
- 20% discount on all Printshop classes
- free career development workshops
- free digital documentation of selected works produced during the residency
- inclusion in the Printshop’s permanent collection
- opportunities to show new work in exhibitions and other public events presented by the Printshop
Lower East Side Printshop does not provide housing assistance.