The Kantar Information Is Beautiful Awards — the competition that celebrates awesomeness in data-visualization & infographics across the world — is calling for entries for 2018.
Any piece created between 1st June 2017 and 7th September 2018 is eligible, as long as you have not entered it in any previous Information is Beautiful Awards.
The best three entries in each of the Public competition category will be awarded with cash prizes. In addition, several Special Awards will be announced as well. The total prize fund for 2018 amounts to $24,000!
The Public competition categories for 2018 include:
- Arts, Entertainment & Pop Culture — graphics inspired by music, film, theatre, dance, literature or any artistic/cultural/creative pursuit
- Breaking News — breaking news stories and published to a tight deadline (max 72 hours)
- Leisure, Games & Sport — sport, hobbies, games & leisure pursuits, including hobbies such as eating, making music and painting
- Maps, Places & Spaces — the natural or built environment, or any map / dashboard / visual that doesn’t fit into other categories
- People, Language & Identity — people, worlds, language, personal or cultural data and the quantified self
- Politics, Global & Humanitarian — society, politics, humanitarian, global, financial or economic issues
- Science & Technology — science, technology, medicine and health
- Unusual — Can’t find a category that matches your work? Enter it in this one.
The Special Awards for 2018 are:
- Best Non-English Language,
- Best Studio,
- Best Individual,
- Rising Star,
- Visitors’ Vote
- Most Beautiful
Professional practitioners, dataviz studios, agencies & media organizations, students and members of the public are all eligible to submit their work.
The Kantar Information Is Beautiful Awards were set up in 2012 by David McCandless, journalist and datavisualizer of Information is Beautiful, in collaboration with Aziz Cami, the then Creative Director at Kantar, now succeeded by the current Creative Director, Emma Whitehead.
Kantar Information is Beautiful Awards 2018 – Registration Fees
Students and members of the public whose work has not been professionally commissioned or published may enter for free!
All other participants are required to pay a variable registration fee.