The Kantar Information is Beautiful Awards, celebrating awesomeness in data-visualization & infographics across the world, have recently opened for entries.
Now in their 6th year, the Awards have a completely revamped list of categories.
The organizers offer $20,000 in prizes, to be awarded by voting by the public & an expert judging panel. Aside from the trophies and the cash, successful winners gain all sorts of side benefits – like new clients, jobs at hot startups and book deals.
The competition categories for 2017 include:
- Arts, Entertainment & Pop Culture – graphics inspired by music, film, theatre, dance, literature or any artistic/cultural/creative pursuit
- Current Affairs & Politics – pieces on current affairs, society, politics, finance or economics
- Corporate / Retail / Brands – anything about or created for brands & companies
- Environments & Maps – images about the natural or built environment, or any map that doesn’t fit into other categories
- Humanitarian / Global – graphics on human welfare, aid, charity/NGOs, global issues & disasters
- Science & Technology – works exploring technology, science, medicine or health
- Sports & Games – graphics about sports, hobbies, games & leisure activities
- Unusual – Can’t find a category that matches your work? Enter it here.
Professional practitioners, dataviz studios, agencies & media organizations, as well as students are all invited to submit pieces created between 31 May 2016 and 8 September 2017.
The Kantar Information Is Beautiful Awards were set up in 2012 by David McCandless, journalist and datavisualizer of Information is Beautiful, in collaboration with Aziz Cami, the then Creative Director at Kantar, now succeeded by the current Creative Director, Emma Whitehead.
Kantar Information is Beautiful Awards 2017 – Entry Fees
- Free — Students / members of the public whose work has not been professionally commissioned or published
- $50 per piece — Solo Practitioners / Small Companies (1-3 team members)
- $100 per piece — Media Outlets / NGOs / Gov’t / Education
- $200 per piece — Agencies / Studios / Brands / Companies (3+ team members)