Interaction Design Association (IxDA) has recently opened submissions for its 2017 Interaction Awards Competition, to celebrate design thought leadership and innovation around the globe, for the fifth time.
Each year, award recipients comprise a showcase demonstrating how interaction design impacts and improves human lives.
In 2017, winners will be celebrated and announced at Interaction17 conference held in New York City 4-8 February, 2017. Finalist will have the opportunity to display and discuss their project to the entire IxDA community.
Professionals and students are invited to submit concepts (work not scheduled for production) and/or production projects (work scheduled for production or live) of any kind that exemplify outstanding interaction design in one or more of the six categories.
- Connecting: Facilitating communication between people and communities
- Engaging: Capturing attention, creating delight and delivering meaning
- Empowering: Enabling people to go beyond their limits
- Expressing: Encouraging self expression and/or creativity
- Disrupting: Re-imagining completely an existing product or service by creating new behaviors, usages or markets
- Optimizing: Making daily activities more efficient
Up to 30 finalist winners (a maximum of five in each category) are awarded a trophy and receive one free registration for the Interaction17 conference in New York City, USA scheduled for 4-8 February, 2017.
IxDA is an international organization with 70,000 members and over 140 local chapters around the world.
IxDA 2017 Interaction Awards Competition Submission Fees
To reflect the diversity of the global IxDA community and support fair and inclusive participation, the entry fee for your project corresponds to your geography and professional/student status.
Students may enter each project in one category for free. For each subsequent category it is entered into, the cost is $15 or $50, depending on the entrant’s region. Different rates and conditions apply for Professional entries.