The Interaction Design Association (IxDA) has just opened submissions for the 2014 Interaction Awards. This competition recognizes and celebrates examples of excellence in Interaction Design across domains, channels, environments and cultures and is held third year in a row.
The 2013 Interaction Awards recognized 25 projects selected from hundreds of entries from 27 countries.
Winners of the 2014 Awards will be celebrated and announced at Interaction14 conference in Amsterdam 5-8 February, 2014.
There are six competition categories and you are welcome to submit your project against more than one category.
- Connecting: Facilitating communication between people and communities.
- Engaging: Capturing attention, creating delight and delivering meaning.
- Empowering: Enabling people to go beyond their limits.
- Expressing: Encouraging self expression and/or creativity.
- Disrupting: Re-imagining completely an existing product or service by creating new behaviors, usages or markets.
- Optimizing: Making daily activities more efficient.
By the way, the Call for Participation in Interaction14 has also been announced.
Submission fees start from $20 for Students and $120 for Professionals, and vary depending on the region of your country.