The Internet is much more than a network of computers. It is an endless web of people. Men and women from every corner of the globe are connecting to one another, thanks to the biggest social interface ever known to humanity. Digital culture has laid the foundations for a new kind of society. Because democracy has always flourished where there is openness, acceptance, discussion and participation. And contact with others has always been the most effective antidote against hatred and conflict.
That’s why the Internet is a tool for peace. That’s why anyone who uses it can sow the seeds of non-violence. And that’s why the next Nobel Peace Prize should go to the Net. A Nobel for each and every one of us.
Show how the Internet can be considered a tool for Peace and Democracy.
You may enter the contest online by creating and submitting an original video that follows the following creative requirements:
- Length of the video must be no longer than five (5) minutes in total;
- The video, in any languages, must be subtitled in English; the subtitles must be legible and an accurate translation of the dialogue;
- The video must focus on a creative representation on how the Internet is an effective vehicle for peace as stated in the Internet for Peace manifesto (I4P Manifesto) published on the www.youtube.com/internetforpeace channel.
If you win you will:
- be invited to provide further information and pictures for a biography which, together with a short interview, will be featured presumably in the November issue of Wired Italian magazine and the winning video will be featured on MTV Italia in September 2010;
- be invited to participate to the ceremony of award of the contest Prize organized by ECN in New York (United States). ECN will provide the contest Winner with 2 Day/1 Night trip and accommodation, on 21 September 2010; and
- only in case of victory of the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize by the Internet, to participate to ceremony of award of the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo (Norway).
- The contest is open to registered users of the YouTube website of age of majority.
- Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate family members (which means parents, spouses, children, siblings, in-laws, grandparents and grandchildren) or residents in the same household (whether legally related or not) of the contest entities and their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, legal and financial advisors, any and all other companies associated with this contest.
- By entering, you warrant that your video and all elements there of conform to the Rules and that the video:
- is your original work;
- has not previously won an award or prize of any kind;
- does not contain any use of the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements, in whole or in part, of any person, living, or dead without permission (proof of which must be provided to the ECN upon request);
- does not include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by you or used by you without permission (including but not limited to company names, music, photographs, motion picture or television program clips or audio tracks, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media) or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, logos, contract and licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights, or any other intellectual property rights;
- is not subject to any third party agreement(s), and the contest entities will not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of its use or exploitation of the idea or video or rights therein;
- does not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content which could adversely affect the name, reputation or goodwill of the contest entities or any other individuals and/or entities;
- does not contain pornographic or sexual content, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.) content which promotes violence or harm to another living creature or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content;
- does not include threats of any kind or that intimidate, harass, or bully anyone, or breach the privacy of any person;
- does not violate any applicable law or include any content that would encourage or provide instructions for an unlawful conduct.
- You also warrant that you are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of your video and that you have the right to submit it to the contest and grant all required licenses.
How to enter?
Submit your entries online on the contest’s official YouTube page.