Are you a young interactive entrepreneur and would like to present your work in an international field?
Then take part at our International Young Interactive Entrepreneur Award programme (IYIE), which recognises the centrality of creative entrepreneurs to the development of a sustainable and competitive creative economy.
This year fourteen countries are participating: Argentina, Colombia, China, Estonia, India, Indonesia, Latvia, Lebanon, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Slovenia.
Showcase your individual achievement and potential and take part in a wide range of business networking opportunities in the UK.
To participate, you have to work in one of the following sectors:
- Interactive software publishers, developers and marketing specialists
- Interactive entertainment developers for the internet, digital television, radio and mobile devices
- Internet, multimedia and web design
- Digital and interactive event production
- Experimental media
- Digital and interactive multimedia
- Interactive marketing
- Consultants providing specialist services in this area
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview. Interviews are expected to take place on 10 September 2010.
In October 2010 the finalists from 14 participating countries will participate in a visit in the UK, where they will take part in valuable networking both with key UK interactive sector partners and amongst their IYIE peers. The tour will comprise visits, meetings, seminars and events. It will also include a masterclass with an internationally renowned UK interactive sector entrepreneur.
In London the selection of the winner of IYIE 2010 will be based on a 20 minute presentation, followed by a Q&A session, made by each candidate to an elite panel of representatives of the UK interactive industry sector.
Different prizes are available in different countries.
- You are a young professional between 25 and 35.
- You come from Argentina, Colombia, China, Estonia, India, Indonesia, Latvia, Lebanon, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey or Slovenia.
- You already work in a interactive sector (as defined above).
- You have demonstrated your entrepreneurial flair in the promotion of interactive in your country.
- You have drive, ambition and the ability to become a leader in your area of work.
- You have a very good command of spoken and written English.
- You have a keen interest in the UK and its interactive sector.
- You work in the interactive industry business.
How to enter?
- Download the application form.
- Return the completed application form to the British Council by 07 September 2010.
- Make sure you enclose the following with your application form:
- a passport size photograph,
- portfolio of your successfully realised projects,
- any other relevant documents or information.
- Clearly mark your application envelope with ‘IYIE Award’.