Interkunst e.V. (Berlin) is looking for young performing artists from all corners of the world for their upcoming theatre and music tour “INSTANT ACTS against violence and racism”. The project lasts around 8 weeks and starts in the middle of September 2010.
They are looking for both, individuals and groups of 2 max 3 persons (age between 17 and 29) who are active in theatre, dance, music, circus, x-sport etc. They want to create an international ensemble of 20 talented and creative people who are open for new experiences. The artists will come from different cultural backgrounds and represent various types of performance art.
Together we strive to make audiences aware of the different faces of violence and racism.
Interkunst e.V. is a registered non-profit association based in Berlin. It was founded on 1990. Activities are concentrated on the realisation of multi-cultural projects, innovative forms of encounter and interdisciplinary forms of theatre and art. The association is in particular representing their European approaches by creating integrative projects for artists from different disciplines and of different nationalities. A main focus of the theatre work lies in the area of cultural preventive measures, which is realised by creating educational cultural concepts and programs.
Invited artists are requested to bring pre-prepared short performances for the project (max 10 min), based on their personal experiences and ideas concerning the subject matter (against violence and racism). During the short rehearsal process prior to the tour, you will work together as a group to create original pieces as well. With the help of an artistic director, all the elements will then be brought together to create one professional touring show (75 min).
Once on tour you will lead theatre, dance. music (etc.) workshops for local youths. The morning workshops will be followed by an afternoon performance. You’ll have a chance to perform in schools, theatres, churches, youth/cultural-centres and prisons.
Lodging, catering, transport and salary are provided.
- Individuals and groups of 2 max 3 persons (age between 17 and 29) who are active in theatre, dance, music, circus, x-sport etc. are eligible to enter.
- Selected applicants will be asked to prepare a short presentation for the project. Invited artists are requested to bring pre-prepared short performances for the project (max 10 min), based on their personal experiences and ideas concerning the subject matter (against violence and racism).
How to enter?
Please send your application as soon you can, by the 31st of May at the latest, by email or by post (below).
The application should include following information:
- Personal data: name, date of birth, nationality, picture
- Your artistic history and experiences, preferably with demo tape / link
- Description of your capability to lead a workshop with young people
- Motivation to take part in this project
Postal address:Interkunst e.V.
postfach 62 03 62