Fast Company magazine, the world’s leading progressive business media brand, is currently accepting entries in its 2014 Innovation By Design (IBD) Awards competition, seeking to recognize outstanding design of products and services around the world.
The Innovation By Design (IBD) Awards are open to all organizations and individuals involved in designing a product or service that was made public or came to market between 1 May 2013 and 1 May 2014.
Entries do not, however, need to have been designed during that time period.
This year’s ten (10) categories include:
- Apps: Commercially available interactive worlds explored using phones, computers, tablets, and touchscreens;
- Data Visualization: Visual representations of data and other information. Includes static and interactive design;
- Experience: 3-D communication design that takes into account the multifaceted ways users interact with a brand, service, or product;
- Experimental: Prototypes and other projects that have not yet been commercialized;
- Graphic: 2-D communication design such as typography, illustration, and visual identity;
- Health: Consumer-facing health and well-being design, including apps, medical devices, fitness trackers, and athletic equipment;
- Products: Innovation you can hold, consumer-friendly gadgets and devices;
- Social Good: Projects designed to positively impact developing countries or underprivileged communities;
- Spaces: The built environment, including architecture, interior design, installations, and urban design;
- Students: Work created at any time during your studies or within 2 years thereafter (but not work done as part of a professional team).
Entries are judged on their functionality, originality, beauty, sustainability, depth of user insight, cultural impact, and business impact.
Finalists are featured in the pages of the October issue of Fast Company magazine (circulation 725,000), Co.Design (averaging 2.5 million unique visitors per month) and winners are announced at an awards ceremony in October 2014. Finalists will be published in a feature package in Fast Company’s October design issue.
Winners will be announced at a conference and awards ceremony in New York City in October 2014.
Innovation By Design Awards 2014 Competition Entry Fees
The Entry Fee for the Student Category is $50. The Entry Fee for each of the other Categories is $100.