The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) has recently opened its 43rd annual Interior Design Competition with the intention to celebrate new innovative Interior Design and Interior Architecture projects.
Eligible for entry are all Interior Designers and Interior Architects around the world, with design projects completed after 1 January 2014.
Winners will be honored during NeoCon 2016 — North America’s largest design exposition and conference for commercial interiors — at the annual IIDA black-tie gala, COOL and the winning projects will appear in the May issue of Interior Design magazine.
Projects can be submitted in any of the following competition categories:
- Corporate Space Large (1,000 square meters and above)
- Corporate Space Small (under 1,000 square meters)
- Education (elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities)
- Entertainment (casinos, performing arts centers, sports arenas, theatres)
- Healthcare (hospitals, outpatient clinics, medical facilities)
- Hospitality (lounges, bars)
- Institutional (cultural, government/municipal spaces, libraries, religious spaces)
- Residences – Multifamily (inhabited condos, apartments)
- Residences – Single Family (inhabited freestanding homes)
- Retail (stores, boutiques)
- Showrooms/Exhibition Spaces/Sales Centers (includes model/show/sample residential units)
The winning design projects are chosen by a jury of design professionals, for suitability of design to the project challenge, originality of the design solution, and the successful integration of interior finishes and furnishings.
IIDA 43rd Annual Interior Design Competition Entry Fees
The cost to enter is $250 (US) per entry for IIDA Members, and $300 (US) per entry for non-IIDA Members.