The SEVEN Fund is pleased to announce the “I Am an Entrepreneur” photography competition. This competition recognizes the outstanding use of photography to tell compelling stories of role model entrepreneurs from around the world. Anyone is welcome to participate in this competition. The competition will award twelve (12) prizes, one per month, over a period of one year. Each month, one finalist will be selected and will receive a prize of $100. The grand prize winner (selected from among the 12 finalist photographs) will receive $1,000 at the end of the year.
Often, the imagery associated with developing nations captures the misery that accompanies poverty. While it is important that these things are taken seriously and are documented, we believe that developing nations also represent tremendous opportunities for hope. The “I am an Entrepreneur” competition strives to reframe the dialogue around solutions to poverty by infusing the world’s imagination with new imagery that focuses on entrepreneurship. Our objective with this competition is to gather stunning photographs profiling individual entrepreneurs from around the globe.
S.E.VEN (Social Equity Venture Fund) is a virtual non-profit entity run by entrepreneurs whose strategy is to markedly increase the rate of innovation and diffusion of Enterprise-based Solutions to Poverty. It does this by targeted investment that fosters thought leadership through books, films and websites supporting role models – whether they are entrepreneurs or innovative firms – in developing nations and shaping a new discourse in government, the press and the academy around private sector innovation, prosperity and progressive human values.
Applicants should submit photos of individuals that they feel embody the spirit of entrepreneurship.
- Photos from any geographic location may be submitted.
- Photo submissions can be in color or black and white, and must be digital photos.
- Sample illustrative pictures are provided; SEVEN looks forward to receiving a broad stylistic range of photos, including but not limited to abstract, impressionistic, various tints, an element of the face, etc.
Let your imagination be your guide.
The competition will award twelve (12) prizes, one per month, over a period of one year. Each month, one finalist will be selected and will receive a prize of $100. The grand prize winner (selected from among the 12 finalist photographs) will receive $1,000 at the end of the year. Finalist photos will be announced on the 30th of each month, from January 2010 to December 2010. The grand prize winner will be announced on 30 January 2011. The winning photos will be retouched to include the tagline in both languages by a professional artist. All winning photos will be featured on SEVEN’s homepage and publications, and prominently displayed in galleries at SEVEN-sponsored programs and conferences around the globe.
- Photos must be submitted by the original photographer. Photo submissions that are taken by someone other than the applicant will not be accepted.
- Photos must be submitted electronically using the submission form on SEVEN’s website.
- No printed photos will be accepted.
- You may one photograph per month to the competition.
Not Permitted Photo Modifications:
- No borders or frames may be added to images.
- No watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices may be added to images. All winning images will be displayed with the photographer’s name.
- Artistic filters are not permitted.
Permitted Photo Modifications:
- Images may be cropped and rotated as necessary as long as the rectangular format is maintained and the size is within the specifications above.
- Images may be resized as long as the aspect ratio is maintained
- Red-eye removal and spot editing
- One-step enhancement (such as “AutoFix”, “QuickFix”, “Auto Levels”, etc.)
- Use of filters to sharpen, soften, blur, despeckle, or remove noise.
- Use of corrective functions to improve the natural appearance of the image, such as levels, contrast, brightness, curves, intensity, tone, hue, saturation, lightness, value, color balance, and tint.
How to enter?
Photos must be submitted electronically using the submission form on SEVEN’s website. No printed photos will be accepted. Along with the submission, you MUST include the following information in the submission form:
- Your full name and mailing address, a contact telephone number and your email address.
- A brief paragraph biography of the photographer.
- A title for the photograph
- A brief description of the image, including where and when it was taken, any information on the person or other details in the image, and any relevant stories