Venus febriculosa, a website devoted to contemporary literature and the art and design of books, announces its Contest No. 7: Hunger. The purpose of the contest is to address the cause of world hunger through the design of a poster that may be used in a global hunger awareness campaign.
Previous Venus febriculosa book cover contests have included Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco, The Eel by Eugenio Montale, and This Way for the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen by Tadeusz Borowski.
The designer of the winning submission will receive a cash award of $1200 and will be featured on Venus febriculosa.
The purpose of the contest is to foster interest in the relationship of literature to the visual arts and to address the cause of world hunger through the design of a poster that may be used in a global hunger awareness campaign.
Artwork must contain the words “hunger killed where grief had only wounded“. Attribution to Dante/Heaney is encouraged but not required.
- Size: A2 420mm x594mm (approximately 16.5″ x 23.5″)
- Orientation: Vertical (Portrait) Only
- Resolution: 300 dpi preferred. 3MB Maximum file size.
- Image file name should include the entrant’s name only (e.g.: Firstname Lastname.jpg)
Submissions will be evaluated on how creatively they address the theme of hunger and its appropriateness in a global hunger awareness campaign.
There will be one winner. The designer of the winning submission will receive a cash award of $1200 US and will be featured on the Venus febriculosa website (venusfebriculosa.com).
- This international competition is open to anyone 18 years or older.
- Both design professionals and students are encouraged to enter.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- All design entries must be an original artwork of the entrant’s own creation. Use of copyrighted materials without permission of the owner will result in disqualification from the contest.
- Should no entry have sufficient merit in the eyes of the jury, the contest sponsors retain the right to not name a winner.
- Should the determinations of the jury result in a tie, the contest organizers retain the right to divide the prize money among the winners.
How to enter?
Submissions must be in either digital JPEG format or PDF only and must be sent to both of the following addresses: admin [at] venusfebriculosa.com (please replace [at] with @) and marco.sonzogni [at] vuw.ac.nz (please replace [at] with @). Submissions must also include Full Name, E-Mail Address, and Country (either of residence or of birth).
All questions should be directed to: admin [at] venusfebriculosa.com (please replace [at] with @).