Every artist is influenced by historical movements in art, but to become a success in modern art you have to interpret influential eras in the style of the time. So the brief for the newest Hugo Create challenge is to create a design inspired by the least limited of the artistic genres, surrealism. Interpret it in a progressive Hugo way.
What should surrealists be doing today? Should you be twisting the minds of Dali and Miró? Or should you revolutionize surreal to make it really real? Show how surrealism should work today, and include the Hugo Man bottle in your design.
Ten winners will be selected and each will receive $500 cash.
Create a design inspired by the least limited of the artistic genres, surrealism. Show how surrealism should work today, and include the Hugo Man bottle in your design.
You can download the design kit, which includes the Hugo Man Logo, as Photoshop PSD and Illustrator files from Hugo Create.
You can also create your submission using the Hugo Create design tool.
- 10 winners are selected and each receives $500 cash.
- One overall winner will be the subject of a feature on the Hugo Create blog.
- The winner will be featured in i-D, a prestigious, urban design orientated magazine.
- The Hugo Create Surreal Appeal challenge is open to entrants over 18 years old.
- All proposals must be uploaded electronically as a JPG file (max. 0.5 MB).
- The format that’s used for the visuals on the Hugo Create website is 672 pixels wide x 960 pixels high.
- Winners will need to submit their designs in at least A4, 300 dpi. A bigger format would be even better.
- Each entrant is allowed to submit a maximum of five proposals per round, and can only receive one jury-selected prize per round.
How to enter?
Submit your designs for the Surreal Appeal challenge on Hugo Create. Only JPG files are accepted!