Houston Center for Photography (HCP) announces its 2011 Photography Fellowship Competition. Two fellowship recipients will be awarded $2,000 each and a solo exhibition at HCP in the summer of 2011.
HCPs Fellowships are geared towards the completion and presentation of new work; submissions of work-in-progress are acceptable.
The competition is open to all photographic, film/video, and lens-based work, including installation.
Artists must submit a proposal for the fellowship project, outlining its conceptual objective(s) and intended outcome(s). The proposal must not exceed 500 words in length.
Acceptance will be based on the unified body of work by each artist rather than on individual images. Preference will be given to new work or work created within the last two (2) years that has not been widely exhibited in the Houston area.
- A maximum of 10 digital image files (jpeg, 72-300ppi, no larger than 2100 x 2100 pixels), moving image files (maximum of 5 minutes in length) are acceptable. No slides, please.
- All files must be titled with a number corresponding to the entry form, your last name, title of work, and year of completion.
- For emailed submissions, the maximum size for total entry should not exceed 8MB.
Two fellowship recipients will be awarded $2,000 each and a solo exhibition at HCP in the summer of 2011.
One Houston-based artist (residing within a 100 mile radius of Houston including Beaumont, Galveston, and College Station areas) will receive the Carol Crow Memorial Fellowship and another artist from anywhere in the world outside the Houston area will receive the HCP Fellowship.
- The competition is open to all photographic, film/video, and lens-based installation work.
- Past recipients, HCP staff, Board, Advisory Council, Committee members and their significant others are not eligible.
- Participants must be or become HCP members at the time of submission.
- HCP Fellowships are geared towards the completion and presentation of new work; submissions of work in progress are acceptable.
How to enter?
Hand-deliver or mail submissions to:Houston Center for Photography
1441 W. Alabama, Houston, TX 77006
or e-mail submissions to: exhibits [at] hcponline.org (please replace [at] with @)
The entry fee is $25, with $5 per each additional still/moving image.