HP Skyline 2020 is a design competition to Invent Skylines. HP Skyline 2020 seeks visions, not designs; a combination of architectural strategies with thought provoking concepts.
The sky is literally the limit. There are no restrictions with regard to the choice of site, program or size.
Participants are free to design their own brief and explore the themes potential. Armed with maximum liberty, participants must propose innovative ideas for this fascinating architectural genre.
Not just a meandering line etched in the sky. Not just a cutout or silhouette. Beyond restricting definitions, skylines can be seen as infusions of perception, imagination and desire. Every time a building mushrooms in a city, the skyline is altered. But transformation, not change, is the goal of invention. We invite designs concepts for an iconic structure – building, tower and institution – that can change the perception of the urban skyline.
Everything is possible.
HP Skyline 2020 seeks visions, not designs; a combination of architectural strategies with thought provoking concepts. The sky is literally the limit; there are no restrictions with regard to the choice of site, program or size. Participants are free to design their own brief and explore the themes potential. Armed with maximum liberty, participants must propose innovative ideas for this fascinating architectural genre. The scope of the design should not be limited to merely creation of an iconic image but rather to re-look at self-other, self-city, self-environment equations and discover the elusive state of equilibrium.
The driving ambition of the global city is to acquire an identity for itself. An identity imprinted on its inhabitants that builds a sense of community in their isolated urban domains. HP Skyline 2020 is meant to open us up to infinite latent possibilities, which can transform our city and alter the way future generations experience the city through the lens of its skyline.
Submission will be evaluated on:
- Originality of concept
- Depth and innovation of design process
- Adaptation of the intervention with the city
- Clarity in presentation
- National Winner – HP Workstation + HP Large Format Designjet Printer
- 4 Zonal Winners – HP Large Format Designjet Printer each
Winning entries will be showcased in the Indian Architect & Builder Magazine and will be presented for one month and then archived on the contests’ official website
- The “HP Skyline 2020” is open only to Indian citizens, anyone who works in India or is a student in India and permanent Indian residents. Employees and their immediate families of Hewlett-Packard India Pvt. Ltd, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible.
- Open to 4th & final year college and university level students, practicing architects, urban designers and planners.
- One entry per team of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 participants in each team.
- Participating teams should mandatorily have at least one architectural student and one practicing architect.
- Multidisciplinary teams are encouraged within and between educational institutions.
- We strongly encourage individuals not participating as part of a design studio class to secure a faculty member or industry professional to act as an advisor during the design portion of the competition.
How to enter?
Register to the contest and submit your designs.