The 2013 HOW International Design Awards Competition is now open for entries! There are several international design competitions out there, but HOW’s is the only one that prominently recognizes winners in its award-winning magazine, telling deep stories of award winning designs for the Outstanding Achievement winners and the one Best of Show Winner.
Winners span the globe and give readers of HOW magazine a taste of design innovation on an international design scale. One Best of Show winner will win free registration, airfare and hotel accommodations for the 2013 HOW Design Live conference!
Recognizing Excellence in Design on A Global Scale
Works created between 2 September 2011 and 1 September 2012 may be entered in one or more of the following categories:
- Packaging (consumer goods)
- Gifts (t-shirts, tote bags, calendars, 3D promos, etc.)
- Invitations/announcements/greeting cards
- Identity (logos/ letterhead/business cards)
- Editorial-(cover, single article or entire piece)
- Annual reports/brochures/catalogs/direct mail
- Miscellaneous (style guides, complex promos, etc.)
Videos, CD-ROMs, DVDs, websites or other interactive work, or digital images or slides of print work are not being accepted.
Winning entries will be featured in the 2013 HOW Design Annual, showcased in an online competition gallery and displayed at HOW Design Live.
Plus, One Best of Show winner will win free registration, airfare and hotel accommodations for the 2013 HOW Design Live conference – the biggest design event ever and an award to be presented at the conference. All other winners will get a $100 discount to the 2013 HOW Design Conference.
HOW will notify winners by 31 November 2012 after judging is complete.
More details are available through the official website.
- Single entry — $70 (stationery systems are counted as single entries)
- Campaign/Series — $100 (three or more pieces from a single system)
- Student Single Entry — $40
- Student Campaign/Series — $60 (three or more pieces from a single system)