Enter the Hope for a Healthy World photo competition and get a chance to win great cash prizes, have your work exhibited globally and have your work published online.
The power of a photograph cannot be overstated, and Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) relies on imagery to tell stories about a wide range of diseases in which its people, products and initiatives play a significant role.
The Hope for a Healthy World photo competition is open to professional and amateur photographers worldwide.
An entry consists of one image or one story. A story includes up to ten images that focus on a particular theme.
You should submit JPEG images saved with max quality compression with a long dimension of at least 1,000 pixels at 72 to 300 dpi with either Adobe1998, sRGB or untagged color space.
- Best Global Health Story: $5,000 cash and $5,000 to be used toward the production of a global health story for a future exhibition.
- Best Global Health Image: $5,000 cash
- Best Global Health Multimedia: $5,000 cash
- Best Global Health Story: $2,500 cash
- Best Global Health Image: $2,500 cash
- Best Global Health Multimedia: $2,500 cash
All winners will receive a one-year subscription to PDN and all professional winners will receive a PDN PhotoServe portfolio ($860 value).
All winners’ work will appear in a traveling global health exhibit sponsored by BD debuting at LOOK3 Festival of the Photograph in Charlottesville, VA., 9-11 June 2011, and will be placed in the winners’ gallery on PDNonline.com.
- Except where prohibited by law, international entries can be submitted.
- You may enter as many photographs as you like, but each submission must be made separately with its own entry fee.
- The work must have been produced after 1 September 2008.
- Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud in the sole opinion of the organizer.
- Only professionals can qualify to be the grant recipient for Best Global Health Story.
- Winners will be contacted by February 2011.
How to enter?
Simply register and log onto the official website, following the online instructions to upload images from your computer.
- Professional: $35 for single entry, series or multimedia.
- Amateurs: $20 for single entry, series or multimedia.