Vienna-based Henkel Central Eastern Europe (Henkel CEE) announces – for the ninth straight year – its call for entries for the Henkel Art.Award. the only comprehensive art promotion prize for the Central and Eastern European and Central Asian region.
The Henkel Art.Award. 2010, endowed to the sum of 7,000 euros, invites fine artists from 31 countries to participate and submit their entries.
The prize winner of the Henkel Art.Award. 2010 will be invited to display his or her works of art within the framework of an individual exhibition in the “Museum der Modernen Kunst Stiftung Ludwig” (Museum of Modern Art – MUMOK) in Vienna, thus making the art accessible to the general public.
Without prescribing any pre-defined themes, the Henkel Art.Award. bestows prizes for outstanding and innovative entries from fine artists in the fields of painting, drawing, photography, video and installation.
- Artwork in the fields of painting, drawing, photography:
- Reproductions in the form of photos and/or catalogues (Format: maximum A3).
- No slides, CDs or DVDs!
- Artwork in the fields of video and installation:
- Use video DVDs!
- Maximum duration of presentation: 10 minutes.
In a multi-phased selection process, a prominent, top-class international jury consisting of curators and museum experts will choose the winner from the submitted entries.
The competition will be carried out in a two-step selection process. At the beginning of July, a local group of experts will convene in each CEE country to nominate three artists from the respective country. The works of art from these three nominees will then be presented to an international jury, which will meet in Vienna in the middle of September to select the finalists.
Within the context of an official gala award ceremony, the Henkel Art.Award., featuring a monetary prize of €7000, will be bestowed upon one of the five artists designated as finalists.
The winner of the Henkel Art.Award. 2010 will have the privilege of displaying his or her works of art in a separate exhibition to be held the following year at the Museum Moderner Kunst Stiftung Ludwig (MUMOK) in Vienna, including publication of an exhibition catalogue.
In addition, Henkel CEE will finance an exhibition of the prize winner in his or her native country.
In addition to the prize money and an exhibition in his or her native country, this year’s winner will be given the opportunity to display his or her works of art in a separate exhibition hosted by MUMOK in Vienna in the following year.
- Entries from the following countries will be accepted: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
- Age limit: 40
- All works of art must have originated after the year 2007.
- No fees will be paid to the artists for participating in the competition!
- No liability can be assumed for any loss of or damage to the works of art.
- Artists will be reimbursed for transport costs of up to €150.
How to enter?
Your application should consist of:
- Curriculum vitae and description of artistic career (in English or German)
- 5-10 reproductions of works of art: No originals!
All entries to the Henkel Art.Award. 2010 must be submitted by 10 June 2010 at the latest (date of postmark) to the responsible contact person at Henkel’s offices in the respective country, or in some cases directly to KulturKontakt Austria.