The Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) has launched a major competition aimed at recruiting designers in the battle against counterfeits and illegal copies.
The “handsoffmydesign” competition calls for innovative proposals for high-impact “guerrilla or viral” marketing tools that will capture the imagination of the modern audience using social networking sites on the Internet.
It calls for proposals for posters and videos aimed at illustrating the dangers or negative impact of counterfeits and illegal copies from both amateur and professional designers, with significant cash prizes for the best entries in each category.
The entries should consist of two items: one video and one poster. The poster should relate to the key message of the video submitted and should also include a clear link to www.handsoffmydesign.com.
Entries are accepted in two categories:
The works will be evaluated on how well they fit the purpose of being used as a guerrilla/viral marketing tool and their effectiveness in showing the dangers and negative effects of counterfeits and illegal copies.
There are three prizes in each category:
- 1st: €8.000
- 2nd: €2.500
- 3rd: €1.500
- Offices, studios, agencies, freelances and students in the sectors of graphic design, visual communication and/or any other kind of design are all eligible to take part.
- The award scheme has two categories. However, only one entry per category is allowed.
- Any text or audio in the video and the poster should be in English.
- Posters: A2 (594 x 420mm, 23.4 x 16.5 in)
- Videos: from a minimum of 20 seconds to a maximum of 3 minutes.
How to enter?
To enter the competition, participants must go to the official website and download and fill in the registration form together with the separate “signed declaration” form and then send both, in the same mail, to the e-mail address indicated, either for students or for professionals, following the instructions given in the registration form.