Graphex is Canada’s biennial National design awards. An Icograda-endorsed event, Graphex has been celebrating the best of visual communications in Canada since 1977 and in 2010 the winning entries will reflect the best work from Canada’s communication design professionals over the past two years.
Presented by the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada, the primary goal of Graphex is to promote the value of design to the Canadian public and business community at large, to celebrate the best in the industry and to create an archive of Canadian design for future generations. Good Design is Good Business. This is your opportunity to see yourself among the best.
Submit your top work and see yourself reflected among the best. As part of the GDC’s mandate to create an ongoing archive of Canadian design, submit your best work published in or for use in Canada between November 2007 and December 2009. Student work is not permitted.
- Advertising (print, billboards, newspaper, transit shelters, etc.)
- Annual reports (print or digital)
- Editorial/Magazine (magazine cover, magazine spreads or total format)
- Books (book cover or total format)
- Corporate literature (Catalogues, manuals, brochures)
- Multimedia (motion graphics, game design, sales presentation, kiosk, educational program)
- Corporate Identity (max. 3 pieces: Logo and single application, i.e. logo, stationery and/or signage)
- Integrated Brand Program (5 or more pieces that communicate the brand story)
- Web Design (websites, microsites and other web-based applications)
- Packaging (consumer goods, boxes, labels, CDs, etc)
- Self promotion (printed or digital)
- Social Cause (social change, pro-bono work, non-for-profit, sustainable practices, etc.)
- Signage and Environmental Design (vehicle graphics, wayfinding, interiors, trade show booths, banners, kiosks, POS, POP for retail and civic purposes)
- Typography (original typeface design)
- Other (style guides, menus, stamps, complex promos, gifts, wearables, calendars, 3D promos, invitations, calendars etc.)
Winners of each Graphex competition are documented online in addition to a printed catalogue.
- Graphex 2010 is a national awards program open to all Canadian professional graphic designers, typographers, photographers, illustrators, art directors, ad agencies, printers, writers or clients.
- To be eligible, all entries must be accompanied by the design criteria stating the challenges or requirements of the project and the rationale for the design solution. Please do not describe the entry (our judges are not blind and can tell if something is green or blue). Entries must be accompanied by Form A, fees, design criteria and rationale.
- Entries, forms and fees must be received no later than 5 pm Monday, 11 January 2010.
How to enter?
Graphex is processing all submissions online for the first time. In this process, you will create your account and create an entry for each piece to submit. Once you have paid, you will get a printed label to include when you send samples pieces into be judged.
Entry fees are $95 per entry. GDC, RGD Ontario, and SGDQ members in good standing qualify for reduced entry fees of $65 per entry. Member’s name must appear on entry form.