Be a part of the first ever global mapping competition! Win a grand prize that helps your homeland. Add the most universities, schools, hospitals and medical clinics with high quality into Google Map Maker, and your efforts will win $50,000 for UNICEF’s work empowering young people through technology in your homeland. You will get a VIP tour from UNICEF officials of the local projects in your country that will benefit from the $50,000 donation. We’ll also invite you to attend, all expenses paid, the Google Super Mappers 2010 conference.
Be recognized and rewarded for your mapping contributions. The competition winner will be a local hero. Top mapping contributors will appear on Google Map Maker and ultimately on Google Maps.
Map universities, schools, hospitals and medical clinics. Adding these features to the map will help humanitarian organizations like UNICEF do their jobs better in your country. Having a complete, accurate and rich map on Google helps people in your community, businesses, tourism boards, civil services and even emergency rescue workers.
Compete to win $50,000 for UNICEF’s work empowering young people through technology in your homeland.
The winner will receive two trips:
- An all-expense paid trip to a VIP tour from UNICEF officials of a local UNICEF project in the Entrant’s country of residence. The particular project will be selected once the winner is selected, and will be a project assisted by a donation given by Google to UNICEF in the winner’s name.
- An all-expense paid trip to the Google Super Mappers 2010 conference.
The competition winner will be a local hero. Top mapping contributors will appear on Google Map Maker and ultimately on Google Maps.
- As long as you are over 18 years of age and are not living in any of the ineligible countries, you can register for the competition.
- The winner will need a valid passport and travel visa in order to attend the trip to the 2010 Super Mappers conference.
- Residents of Iran, Sudan, Cuba, Syria, North Korea, Myanmar (Burma) are not eligible to participate. Additionally, Quebec, Brazil, and Italy are not eligible due to regulatory compliance requirements.
How to enter?
Register for the competition and start mapping in Google Map Maker. Get started today.