The international festival of audiovisual projections Genius Loci Weimar has recently launched the third video mapping contest with a total of 45,000 Еuro in prize money.
The contest demands an individual, original and sophisticated handling of the spirit of the location with respect to history and architecture, as well as to the people who were active there and who have influenced the surroundings.
Genius Loci Weimar is an unique media art festival which looks beyond the mere geometry of objects to explore the possibilities of reflecting the spirit of the place through projection art.
For this competition, Genius Loci Weimar seeks for innovative ideas for the facade-projection festival.
Contestants are invited to submit an artistic concept by 8 April 2015, including:
- a thirty-second audiovisual video clip (HD)
- an explanatory text (max. 300 words)
- a letter of motivation from the participant or group, including a self-description and provision of appropriate references.
- a specification of the support team and of designated representatives
The three best submissions will be awarded by the commission.
- Commissions will comprise the creation of a 10-15 minute long high-resolution audio-visual production that can be presented in the form of video mapping on the respective facades during the festival weekend 7-9 August 2015
- A budget of 15,000 Euro will be made available for the completion of each prize-winning submission
- Productions will be of the highest technical and artistic quality
For more information please visit the official website.