The Fundación Marcelino Botín awards €220.000 for Visual Arts Grants for study, research and the undertaking of individual projects in the sphere of (non-theoretical) artistic work. Artists may be any nationality.
The Fundación Marcelino Botín may award one grant to an artist from, or resident in, Cantabria, as long as this application involves a change of residence.
The exhibition agenda of the Fundación Marcelino Botín will include an exhibition which premieres the works realized by the artists during the period covered by the grant.
- Applicants for study grants must be between 23 and 40 years old.
- There is no age limit for the research grants.
- Artists may be any nationality.
- The grants are individual, indivisible and non-transferable. They do not cover family provisions.
- The grants are incompatible with any other institutional funding.
- After being awarded, the grants shall be effective for the stipulated period and without interruption. Grants must be initiated before the end of 2010.
- The grants are considered definitively designated when the Fundación receives the written acceptance from the applicant.
- Participation in Fundación Marcelino Botin Grant Awards implies total acceptance o rules and conditions.
The period covered by the grants will be 9 months. Grants involving relocation can be extended for a second period, depending on the outcome of a further application made before the closing date of the annual edition of the grants.
- Not involving a change of residence: €16000.
- Involving relocation in a country other than your current residence: €24000.
- Involving relocation in United States of America: €28000.
- The aforementioned amounts include trips, accommodation, maintenance, studio rent, etc.
- These amounts will be incremented to include medical insurance and, in cases of study, the registration fees of the chosen Education Centre, pending approval, will be covered by the Fundación Marcelino Botín.
- These grants are subject to applicable taxes.
- Payment: 45% at the beginning of duration, 25% in the two following quarters and 5% on receipt of the final report (section 4, point 4).
- Application form correctly filled out.
- Photocopy of identity card or passport.
- Passport size photo of applicant.
- Full address and telephone numbers of both place of origin and destination.
- Curriculum vitae, indicating academic qualifications, professional activities, exhibitions, prizes, scholarships, etc. (3 DIN A4 maximum).
- For Individual Projects and Research:
- Project title and summary (one hundred words maximum).
- Memory of the Project: goal, action plan (stages of development and schedule) and your personal reasons for wanting to carry it out. (10 DIN A4 maximum).
- For Study Grants:
- Information about the Educational Center or Residence Center elected (location, dates, fees, etc.).
- Memory of personal reasons about the convenience of the stay and its relation to current projects (3 DIN A4 maximum).
- Graphic Documentation, prints or color photocopies of the work of the artist (originals will not be accepted, as well as accompanying documentation such as catalogs, brochures, original works, etc.).
- The Foundation reserves the right to request, upon indication from the jury, the submission of documents.
- The documentation provided with the application should preferably be in Spanish; English will be accepted in exceptional.
- For organizational issues and valuation, the documentation of the applicant must be submitted in DIN A4 format occupying a maximum of 40 DIN A4 (should not have staples, nor be bound). Any application that does not conform to this standard will be rejected. In case of audiovisual projects, the artist can make a DVD accompanying the dossier required.
- Please note that Beca de Artes Plásticas should be written on the envelope.
- The dossier submitted will not be returned after the resolution.