The Full Frame Documentary Film Festival is pleased to announce its first-ever poster contest, to be produced for the 13th annual festival occurring April 8-11, 2010 in Downtown Durham North Carolina.
One design will be chosen to be printed in a limited edition run to be sold at the festival. The winning designer will receive a special “Artist” Priority Pass (a $500 value) for the 2010 festival as well as hotel accommodations for the duration of the festival.
The winning poster design will be chosen by a jury comprised of Full Frame staff and special jurors.
Create poster design for the Full Frame Documentary Film Festival.
Things to consider:
- Anatomical drawings
- Scientific illustrations
- Wood grain
- Ed Ruscha
- Gig posters
- Aerial photography
- Negative space
- European compact cars
- Penguin books
- Criterion covers
- Alligator gar
- Beaches in winter
- Power tools
- Telephone lines
- Tom Waits
- Things not made on a computer
- Freshwater fish
Things to avoid:
- Slogans including the words “truth” or “reality”
- Ticket stubs
- Hollywood sign
- Sad children
- Sprocket holes
- David Caruso
The winning designer will receive a special “Artist” Priority Pass (a $500 value) for the 2010 festival as well as hotel accommodations for the duration of the festival.
Each entry must include the following information:
- Festival dates (April 8 – 11, 2010)
- Location (Durham, North Carolina)
- Full Frame logo
- Finished poster should be 11” x 17”.
- Poster should include a 1/4-inch bleed on all sides. (This means the actual artwork size will be 11.5” x 17.5”)
- Maximum file size for contest submission is 5MB.
- Submissions must be in .PDF or .JPG format.
- Original digital artwork should be either vector-based (such as an Adobe Illustrator file) or a minimum of 300dpi if a raster file (such as an Adobe Photoshop file).
- Actual artwork for poster production has no file size limits, and should be saved in an uncompressed format. (Native Photoshop or Illustrator is ideal.)
- If artwork is non-digital, a digital scan or photo of the highest quality possible is required for judging and the original will be required for reproduction.
- The original will remain the possession of the artist.
How to enter?
Email email@example.com for instructions.