Fresh Film Festival is the place for all you aspiring young filmmakers to have their masterpieces screened in front of captive audiences, get invaluable feedback, see the latest inspiring feature films, take part in workshops and enter for consideration in the Ireland’s Young Filmmaker Competition annually.
Fresh Film Festival began in 1997 as the Irish Schools Video Competition, an annual festival to showcase the work of filmmakers under the age of 18 years.
The 2011 Fresh Film Festival will take place from 28th to 31st March 2011.
The Fresh Film Festival accepts works of filmmakers under the age of 18 years.
- You are allowed to use adult actors as long as the film must is the work of young filmmakers.
- You are encouraged to use original music on your films.
Please consider the following deadlines for entries:
- 28 January 2011 – National
- 4 February 2011 – International
- 17 December 2010 – International Shorts Programme
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize will be given in both the Senior and Junior sections of the Ireland’s Young Filmmaker Competition. There are also highly commended awards given at the discretion of the judging panel.
- The Radharc Documentary Award at Fresh will be presented to the best documentary film during the festival.
- The Brownbag Animation Award will be presented to the best animated film.
- The International Award will be given to the best International Entry.
- There are also Audience Awards voted for by the audiences at all senior competition screenings.
To be eligible for inclusion entries must be:
- the original work of groups or individuals currently attending 1st or 2nd level education or in youth or drama groups and aged from 7 to 12 or in primary education for the Junior competition, and 13 to 18 or in secondary education for the senior competition.
- completed after 28th of January, 2010
- 15 mins or less in length (Senior Section) / 10 mins or less in length (Junior Section). These times are inclusive of title and end credits.
How to enter?
The following list of things must be included with your entry.
- DVD and/or mini DV Tape. Only one film only per DVD (This is to facilitate judging).
- CD with a digital still image from your film and a synopsis (Word document) of no more than 3 lines of text.
- A completed entry form
- A completed release form (The section beside the entry form, within the entry form)
- Entry fee
You may enter as many films as you wish but you must submit each entry with its own DVD, synopsis, jpeg and entry fee.
Please send your entries to:Fresh Film Festival
c/o Belltable Arts Centre, 69 O’Connell Street,
If you are unsure about any aspect of your entry, contact the Fresh Film Festival on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make your entry fee of €15 bank draft/cheque payable to Fresh Film Festival.