Time flies when you’re having fun…Firefox is five years old, and we’d like to commemorate the milestone with great design. So, show us what the occasion means to you by creating a celebratory poster image.
The goal of this challenge is to create a poster design that will help spread the word about and rally our community around Firefox’s 5th birthday. The winning design will be featured on Mozilla websites and merchandise, and the winning artist will be highlighted on the Creative Collective homepage and the Mozilla Blog.
The goal of this challenge is to create a poster design that will help spread the word about and rally our community around Firefox’s 5th birthday.
The winner and 4 runners up earn badges. The winning design will be featured on Mozilla websites and merchandise, and the winning artist will be highlighted on the Creative Collective homepage and the Mozilla Blog.
- One approach, of course, is to use birthday imagery – cake, candles, etc. However, we encourage you to get even more creative and think of other ways to represent the occasion. Abstract is always good
- Another approach is to think about what Firefox has meant for its millions of users and the web itself. How have things changed over the last 5 years? What role has Firefox played in the evolution of the web?
- Using imagery or design style from your own country or culture is highly encouraged. We love showing off the global diversity of the Mozilla community!
- If you need a starting point, our usual themes of openness, innovation and community are always good places to begin.
- Focus on telling the story with imagery (for example, note how the Firefox 3 t-shirt design embodies community in a creative way).
And, a few more details:
- Files should be uploaded as high-res (300dpi) PNGs or JPEGs. Be sure to hold onto the original working files, though, because if you win we will need those (and be sure to preserve the layers).
- Be sure to add a description to your design to share your thought process and provide additional details. It may help win you votes, too.
- If you’d like to use the Firefox logo you can download it here. However, please don’t modify the logo itself in any way (more details are in our style guide).
Mozilla will select a winner from the top 5 community vote-getters based on the following criteria: creativity of the design, effectiveness at communicating the key themes and adherence to the above creative brief.
How to enter?
Submit your design on Mozilla Creative Collective.