Fest Anča International Animation Festival has launched call for entries for its 10th (2017) edition. Animated short films, student films, music videos and films for children are among the competition categories.
Only those submitters whose digital copies are sent before 26 February 2017 will be considered for the festival.
The submission is free and winners are awarded with a cash prize.
The organizers accept films created after 1 January 2015.
Fest Anča International Animation Festival, the only Slovak multimedia festival focused on animated film and digital games, is based in a former train station building, turned into a modern cultural center Stanica. Fest Anča’s purpose is to show contemporary, progressive animated films and commemorate the best of the genre’s history. International competition for best animated short film, best student film, best animated music video and best film for children – to be selected by our jury – are all part of the festival.
Besides the international competition and the non-competitive thematic and regional screening sections, the festival offers lectures, exhibitions, workshops, concerts, film screenings for children and many other accompanying events.
Competition awards for Fest Anča 2017 are:
- Anča Award (800 Euro) for the best short animated film
- Anča Student Award (400 Euro) for the best student film
- Anča Music Video Award (400 Euro) for the best animated music video
- Anča Kids’ Award (400 Euro) for the best film for children
- Anča Slovak Award (700 Euro) for the best Slovak film
- D Award – a distribution award for a Slovak film
Fest Anča will take place in Žilina, Slovakia between 29 June and 2 July, 2017.