The 2011 FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year Awards are now open for entries!
The aim of this competition is to help promote the photographic profession and to raise the level of professional standards. It is intended to give just recognition to those who work in this sector according to the highest levels of quality and professionalism.
The FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year Awards are open to all professional European photographers, with special categories for international, young photographers and students.
Submit sets of images in the six official categories:
There are also two special sections: International Photographers (for non- European professional photographers), and Young Photographers & Students open to the students of recognised schools of photography and to photographers and assistants under 25 year of age. Images submitted for the special sections will be judged according to the same criteria as the six main categories.
The principal judgment criteria which the jury will award points for are: visual impact, composition, originality, technique, and creativity, ability to communicate a message, a feeling and an emotion.
The following awards will be issued:
- FEP European Wedding Golden Camera Award
- Hahnemühle FEP European Portrait Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Commercial Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Reportage Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Landscape Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Illustrative Golden Camera Award
- FEP International Golden Camera Award
- FEP European Young Photographers & Students Award
and the overall winner: FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year Award
- The FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year Awards is open to all professional photographers who are registered and resident in a European country, with no discrimination of sex, race, religion, nationality or ethnicity. Special sections is also open for international photographers (who are not citizens of a European country) and for European Young Photographers, Assistants and Students.
- Non-European Photographers and Young Photographers & Students may only enter their two special sections.
- Entrants must submit a set of 3 images in the same category.
- Only one set of 3 images per category in each of the 6 categories (18 images maximum) may be submitted.
- Submitted images must be larger than 1200 pixels on the longest side, and less than 2MB in size.
- Images must be also free of borders as they artificially reduce the image resolution and make the image unsuitable for the FEP’s online gallery.
How to enter?
Select a category and follow the instructions to complete your registration and submit your images on the official website.
- €30 – for non-members of FEP member associations
- €10 – for members of FEP member associations
- €5 – for students and young photographers