The Federation of European Photographers is a network of 23 National Professional Photographers Associations from 20 European countries, recognised by the EU and officially registered in Belgium.
The aim of the competition is to help promote the photographic profession and to raise the level of professional standards. It is also intended to give just recognition to those who work in this sector according to the highest levels of quality and professionalism.
The competition is a non-profit event and all fees collected will be used to promote the FEP and the FEP member associations.
Submit your photos to the competition.
There are six categories plus one within the competition:
- Weddings (which will include traditional as well as modern and experimental wedding pictures)
- Portraits (conventional, unconventional, including nudes)
- Commercial (advertising, fashion, food, architecture, corporate etc.)
- Reportage (including social, press & travel reportage)
- Landscape ( including urban landscape, nature, wildlife).
- Illustrative (Including Pictorial Images)
There is also an international section, open to international photographers not resident in Europe (which will include every kind of pictures).
Each and all entered images will be evaluated by the international FEP jury with an online vote and will be awarded a score expressed in points out of 100. The author of an image who obtains a score of 70/100 will be presented with a Bronze Award Certificate, those obtaining a score of 80/100 will be presented with a Silver Award Certificate and finally those obtaining a score of 90/100 will be presented with a Gold Award Certificate by the FEP. The images and names of the photographers whose images obtain awards will also be published on the official FEP website.
The ranking of the entrants (international category included) will be gained by adding the scores achieved by the 3 images submitted. The top 8 photographers in the ranking in each category will be claimed as “finalist”, and the top of the ranking will be claimed as “the winner”.
From the 6 European category winners the jury will then select an Overall Winner, who will be presented as the “FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year”.
The winners will be awarded at a special ceremony at the Epson stand in Photokina, Cologne, Germany, on 22 September 2010. The awards will consist of certificates and a Golden Camera award. The winners may use the title “Golden Camera winners” and “FEP European Photographers of the Year”. Authors who gain second and third position in each category will be presented with a certificate and an official mention on the FEP website. Epson will print the finalist’ images for inclusion at the annual award ceremony.
All participants will receive the official results by e-mail.
- The “FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year Awards” will be open to all professional photographers who are registered and resident in a European country, with no discrimination of sex, race, religion, nationality or ethnicity.
- A special section will be also open for international photographers who are not resident in Europe. After 2012, it will be open only to members of member organisations of the FEP.
- Entrants who are members of a FEP member association will have to nominate the association of which they are member.
- Entrants must submit a set of 3 images of the same entered category.
- They may enter only one set of 3 images per category in each of the 6 categories (18 images maximum).
- The images must be anonymous.
How to enter?
To enter a session, complete the online entry form available on the official website.
For the photographers who are members of the member organisations of the FEP an entry fee of 10 Euro for each series of 3 images is requested.
For all other European photographers entering the competition, and for the international NON European photographers an entry fee of 30 Euro is requested for each series of 3 images.
Entrants will be requested to pay the entry fee through PayPal.