The Foreign Correspondents Club of Thailand and OnAsia, Asia’s leading photo agency, would like to invite you to participate in the Fourth Annual FCCT Photo Contest.
The FCCT Photo Contest 2010 features several categories like: spot news, feature photography, photo essay and human rights.
Any photographer with images shot in the Asia-Pacific region is eligible to enter.
Judges will accept submissions in the following four categories:
- Spot news – for the best single image photograph taken at a news event in the Asia-Pacific region. No more than five photographs per photographer may be submitted in this category.
- Feature photography – for the best single-image non-news “feature” photograph taken in the Asia-Pacific region. No more than five photographs per photographer may be submitted in this category.
- Photo essay – for the best collection of up to 12 photos on a single topic taken in the Asia-Pacific region. No more than three photo essays per photographer may be submitted in this category.
- Human Rights – a special category, sponsored by the European Union, for the best single photo or photo essay of up to 12 images focusing on human rights in the Asia-Pacific region. No more than five single images and/or three photo essays per photographer may be submitted in this category.
In addition, the judges will select one Photographer of the Year to recognize either the best single image or the most impressive collection of work submitted by a single photographer in 2010.
- First-place winners in spot news, feature photography and photo essay: $1,000 cash and 1 round-trip ticket for economy-class air travel in Asia.
- First-place winner, Human Rights, sponsored by the European Union: $2,000 cash
- Photographer of the Year: an additional $1,000 cash prize and round-trip ticket for economy-class air travel in Asia.
Winners will also receive a selection of travel vouchers for leading hotels in Southeast Asia, including Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, the Amari Emerald Cove resort in Koh Chang, the InterContinental Bangkok and the Holiday Inn Bangkok, as well as dining awards Espresso InterContinental Bangkok.
In addition, all winners and finalists will be recognized in a special edition of FCCT’s quarterly magazine, Dateline, published to profile their work. Winning photos and finalists will also be displayed in a two-month exhibition at the FCCT gallery in Bangkok, including a Friday-night reception attended by local photographers and media.
- Any photographer with images shot in the Asia-Pacific region is eligible to enter. Photographers do not need to be members of the FCCT.
- Photos must be taken in Asia-Pacific, defined as: Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, the Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Seychelles, Taiwan, Thailand, Tibet, or Vietnam.
- Submissions can be published or unpublished work taken within one year of the contest submission deadline. Photos taken earlier are eligible ONLY if they are part of a photo essay in which a significant portion of the work occurred within a year of the contest deadline.
- Photographers may submit entries in more than one category, but individual images can only be entered once, either as a single image or as part of a photo essay; images submitted more than once will not be accepted. Individual images entered as part of a photo essay are eligible for an award in other categories but cannot win more than one prize.
- Images must be free of manipulation other than ordinary changes that might be made using conventional darkroom techniques, such as spotting dust and scratches, changing colour balance, contrast and other levels. Composite images and photos with special effects, borders, added backgrounds, and/or embedded names (such as photographer names or agency names) are not permitted.
How to enter?
Photos must be submitted on compact disc or DVD. All photos must be digital images saved in JPEG format and be 3 MB or greater in size.
You must provide your name, a brief biography, full contact information (including phone and email address) and short photo captions (including location, subject matter and date of photograph) for all photos.
Send your entries to:Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Thailand
Penthouse, Maneeya Center Building
518/5 Ploenchit Road (connected to the BTS Skytrain Chitlom station)
Patumwan, Bangkok 10330