FacingDiversity invites you to submit your photos that celebrate the diverse mixture of people in nowadays’ society. Striking digital images of people, highlighting the diversity of culture in life and identity are wanted. Your images may be taken anywhere in the world. Your images may show behavior, portraits of individuals in their day-to-day life or people interacting with each other.
The images will be shown in the public exhibition in the university campus of Georg-August Universität, Göttingen, Germany on the AWARENESS week 1-10 July.
What is diversity for you? How would you illustrate it?
Submit digital images of people, highlighting the diversity of culture in life and identity. Especially interesting are images which depict FacingDiversity, break or underline popular stereotypes.
The selected images will be shown in the public exhibition in the university campus of Georg-August Universität, Göttingen, Germany. The exhibition in Göttingen will start on 1st July 2011 and finish two weeks afterwards.
Winners will be selected on 30 June 2011 and notified by email during the first week of July, 2011.
- All photographers (professional, amateurs and students) from every country in the world are eligible to participate.
- A Professional photographer is a person who makes (or has made) most of her income from this profession and/or has obtained higher education in photography.
- Photographers of all ages are eligible to participate in the FacingDiversity competition.
- The maximum number of images that may be submitted is 5.
- All images are submitted online as digital files. Photographers with analog images are encouraged to participate by scanning their images into a digital file that meets the submission requirements.
- Images should be submitted as JPEG or TIFF in CMYK, resolution 300 dpi.
- There are no date restrictions as to when the photography was created, or if the image has been previously awarded in other contests.
How to enter?
All the entries should be sent at the following e-mail address: facingdiversity [at] yahoo.com (please replace [at] with @) with the subject title: FacingDiversity Photo Contest. The body of the message should contain the author’s full name, the title of the photo, the place where it was taken and their short description.
Images should be formatted as JPEG or TIFF in 300 dpi. Minimal manipulation of digital images with the intention of accurately rendering the subject is acceptable e.g.: small adjustments to brightness, color, color balance and/or sharpness, is acceptable. No other digital manipulation of an image is allowed.