The European Product Design Award (EPDA) 2020 is now open for submissions to product designers from all parts of the world.
The Award recognizes the efforts of talented international product designers who aim to improve our daily lives with their practical, well-thought-out creations. EPDA shares their innovative and ground-breaking products with the world.
Winning the European Product Design Awards is a prestigious accolade, giving you greater confidence and augmenting your global profile.
Entries can be submitted as conceptual designs, in progress, or as completed projects. The only restriction is that entries or completed projects must be no more than 5 years old.
Submissions can be made as a Professional or as a Student.
The judging criteria include the following:
- Innovation — does the product provide something new to the market or supplement/improve an existing product?
- Aesthetics — form, shape, color, texture, finishing, material used, etc.
- Functionality — ease of use, safety, maintenance, etc.
- Ergonomics — the product’s interaction with the user
- Durability — the quality and longevity of the design
- Impact — the benefit delivered to the user and/or society by the product
- Utility — does the product meet the intended purpose and needs of the user?
- Ecological compatibility — potential environmental and/or ecological impact
- Reality of production — how realistic is it, technically and economically, to develop and market this product large-scale?
- Emotional quotient — in addition to fulfilling its practical purpose, does the product create a sense of enjoyment, satisfaction?
The European Product Design Award is the only awards program celebrating the achievements of talented professional and amateur designers in partnership with the European Parliament. With 21 categories represented, EPDA is one of the most comprehensive product design competitions, uniting creativity and innovation.
European Product Design Award (EPDA) 2020 – Entry Fees
- $200 – Professional
Same Product in additional categories** $100
- $100 – Student
Same Product in additional categories** $50
Entries submitted before 8th November 2019 get a 10% Early Bird discount.