In celebration of its 40th anniversary, NRDC is offering its first-ever Environmental Art Prize. The goal of the prize is to remind viewers of the earth’s natural beauty and to draw attention to the serious environmental threats facing our planet. The winner, chosen by jury, will have the opportunity to be featured in an exhibition at New York’s Nabi Gallery in June and July, 2010.
To enter, artists must submit images of six environmentally related paintings, drawings, prints, or mixed media pieces via Flickr. Photographs, sculptures, videos, and conceptual or performance art pieces will not be considered.
Finalists will be announced by the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, 22 April 2010.
Submit images of six environmentally related paintings, drawings, prints, or mixed media pieces via Flickr.
The winner will be announced in May and celebrated at the Nabi Gallery in June. The winner will have the opportunity to show six or more of his or her art works at a Nabi Gallery exhibition, alongside a selection of art works submitted by other finalists.
- Acceptable entries are limited to environmentally-related paintings, drawings, prints, and mixed media pieces.
- Photographs, sculptures, videos, and conceptual or performance art pieces will not be considered, and the submission of such works will result in disqualification.
- NRDC will contact the finalists via their Flickr accounts.
- NRDC staff, NRDC Trustees, Nabi Gallery staff, and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- By submitting his or her six works for consideration, each artist represents that he or she is the sole creator of those works. Independent of NRDC, the winner and any other finalists selected for exhibition will negotiate financial arrangements with the Nabi Gallery for the sale of their work during the exhibition. NRDC plays no role in the sale of these works. All commercial transactions are between the artist, the buyer, and the Nabi Gallery.
- The winning artist will be responsible for the transportation of his or her work to and from the Nabi Gallery in New York. Neither NRDC nor the Nabi Gallery will be responsible for any loss of or damage to the winner’s works of art, however caused. Should the winner choose to attend the opening of his or her exhibition at the Nabi Gallery, he or she will be responsible for travel expenses to and from New York, and for the cost of room and board while in New York. These provisions apply as well to any other finalists who may accept invitations to participate in the exhibition.
How to enter?
To be considered, each artist must submit six pieces – no more, no less – of his or her original artwork via Flickr, a free online image sharing application. To submit images for consideration, please upload them to Flickr and tag each of them nrdcartprize. Please make certain to mark the images as ‘public’.
NRDC and the Nabi Gallery reserve the right to display on any of their web sites any images uploaded to Flickr that have been tagged nrdcartprize.