Embracing Our Differences invites artists, photographers, professionals, amateurs, teachers and students to participate in its 9th annual outdoor art exhibit celebrating diversity. National and international submissions are encouraged.
39 artists will be selected for the exhibit. The Embracing Our Differences exhibit will be displayed throughout the months of April and May 2012 at Island Park along Sarasota’s beautiful bayfront.
Since 2004, the exhibit has been viewed by more than 1,100,000 visitors. The exhibit will contain 39 billboard-sized images of the selected artworks. In the judges’ discretion, an additional six “honorable mention” selections may be made.
Artists are asked to submit their interpretation of the theme “Embracing Our Differences” in the required formats detailed in the Call for Artists, under “Creating Artwork.”
Final selections will be chosen based on artistic excellence in reflection of the theme “Embracing Our Differences”. The art-work will also be evaluated on how effectively it will read outdoors when enlarged to billboard size – 16 feet wide by 12 1/2 feet high.
Artists are encouraged to use bold saturated colors and strong lines.
A total of $3,000 in awards will be presented.
- Best In Show (Adult): A single $1,000 cash award will be presented to one submission deemed “Best In Show” (adult) by our Steering Committee. College students will be judged in this category.
- Best In Show (Student): A $1,000 cash award will be presented to one submission deemed “Best In Show” (student) by our Steering Committee. Students high school-age and below will be judged in this category. This prize money will be awarded directly to the student’s school.
- People’s Choice: A $1,000 cash award will be presented at the end of the exhibit to the submission that receives the most votes by visitors to the exhibit who complete our survey form.
- Artists, photographers, professionals, amateurs, teachers, students – all ages – everyone can participate.
- You may submit more than one entry.
- National and international submissions are encouraged.
- Art submissions will not be returned.
How to enter?
Mail CD, signed form, statement & color print to:Embracing Our Differences.
P.O. Box 2559, Sarasota,
FL 34230-2559 U.S.A.