The mission of Embracing Our Differences is to use art as a catalyst for creating awareness and promoting, throughout our community, the value of diversity, the benefits of inclusion and the significance of the active rejection of hatred and prejudice.
Embracing Our Differences 2011, the 8th annual outdoor art exhibit, will contain 39 billboard-sized (16 feet wide by 12 feet high) original works of art, each accompanied by an inspirational quote.
The exhibit will be displayed from the end of April continuing throughout the month of May, 2011 at Island Park along Sarasota, Florida’s beautiful bay front.
Artists are asked to submit their interpretation of the theme “Embracing Our Differences”.
Final selections will be chosen based on artistic excellence in reflection of the theme “Embracing Our Differences”. The artwork will also be evaluated on how effectively it will read outdoors when enlarged to billboard size – 16 feet wide by 12 feet high.
Artists are encouraged to use bold saturated colors and strong lines.
- Best In Show (Adult): A single $1,000 cash award will be presented to one submission deemed “Best In Show” (adult) by our judges. College students will be judged in this category.
- Best In Show (Student): A $1,000 cash award will be presented to one submission deemed “Best In Show” (student) by our judges. Students high school-age and below will be judged in this category. This prize money will be awarded directly to the student’s school.
- People’s Choice: A $1,000 cash award will be presented at the end of the exhibit to the submission that receives the most votes by visitors to the exhibit who complete our survey form.
- Artists, photographers, professionals, amateurs, teachers, students – all ages – everyone can participate.
- You may submit more than one entry; however, no more than two images per artist will be chosen for display.
- National and international submissions are encouraged.
- Your art must submitted on a CD, as a JPG, EPS, TIF or PDF, created and saved at 300 DPI.
- You must included an 8.5” x 11” print copy of your submission.
- You must included a completed & signed submission form.
- All of the above must be postmarked no later than 10 January 2011.
How to enter?
- You must include a signed copy of the submission form. Each artist must sign the submission form. Teachers may sign on behalf of students.By signing this form you acknowlede that: (a) your submission is original in conception and execution and is not a copy or reproduction of any other work and (b) Embracing Our Differences™ has your irrevocable permission, without restriction, to use your work in reproduction for display, catalogs, posters, advertising, educational and promotional materials for this event as well as other events as Embracing Our Differences® may determine in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Your original artwork may be any size and in any medium; however, you must submit a high-resolution digital file on a CD. Your digital file must measure exactly 12.8” (12-8/10 inches) wide by 8.8” (8-8/10 inches) high, and it must be saved at 300 DPI (dots per inch).
- Art must be submitted on a CD, in a .jpg, .eps, .tif, or .pdf format, for Mac & PC viewing. Artwork should be created or scanned at 300 DPI. Please print your name and artwork title clearly on the CD.
- You must include a color print of your artwork (an ink jet proof will suffice), with your name and artwork title clearly printed. Please reduce the image to fit on 8.5” x 11” paper for this print proof.
- You must include a separate sheet of paper with your “Artist’s Statement” telling us something about your artwork, your creative process, or what the theme means to you.
Mail your CD with signed submission form, artist’s statement & print proof to:Embracing Our Differences®,
P.O. Box 2559,
Sarasota, FL 34230-2559