The Directors Circle Scriptwriting Competition strives to discover scriptwriters and to transform their dreams into reality through discovery, international recognition, and career development.
The competition accept submissions internationally of scripts of all genres including documentary, horror, experimental, animation, Religious/Spiritual and Gay/Lesbian.
This competition is open to everyone, however script must not have been previously optioned, purchased, or currently be in production or previously produced.
Submit scripts of all genres including documentary, horror, experimental, animation, Religious/Spiritual and Gay/Lesbian.
The Directors Circle Scriptwriting Competition offers a $5,000 cash award to our first place winner of the 2010 competition among other prizes. The winning script will be forwarded to agents and industry professionals for consideration.
All competition winners, runners-up, and finalists will earn the chance to have their scripts read by established production companies and agents in LA and NY.
- All countries are eligible.
- All genres are accepted.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Scripts must be submitted in English.
- Feature Length Scripts should be between 80 (minimum) and 125 (maximum) pages not including the title page.
- Short Length Scripts should be between 1 (minimum) and 50 (maximum) pages not including the title page.
- Scripts should be properly formatted. Print on white paper using only 12 pt. Courier, or 12 pt. Courier Final Draft fonts.
- All submitted submissions become property of the Directors Circle Scriptwriting Competition and will not be returned. At the end of the competition, the Directors Circle will destroy all screenplays.
- With the exception of the 10 finalists, rewritten/corrected pages will not be accepted once the entry has been received.
- Script submissions must be postmarked by deadline dates.
- Scripts must not have been previously optioned, purchased, in production or produced.
- Any script that becomes purchased, optioned or put into production before the final deadline will be eliminated from competition with no entry fee refund.
- Scripts written as adaptations of other works must have secured rights before being submitted.
- Scripts must be original work of the author.
- Multiple authorship is allowed. If the script wins, the writers will divide the prize.
- Multiple entries are allowed, but their own completed entry form and their own appropriate entry fee must accompany each entry.
- All entrants will receive confirmation of receipt of entry via email and all entrants will receive notification of acceptance or non-acceptance to the festival.
How to enter?
Send all materials (completed and signed entry form, entry fee, and script, and supporting materials) to:Directors Circle Festival of Shorts
5148 Peach Street
Erie Pa 16509
Please do not send originals. No entries will be returned.
Withoutabox entries only.
- Short Length Script:
- US $25 if postmarked by 09 January 2010
- US $35 if postmarked by 08 May 2010
- US $45 if postmarked by 07 August 2010
- US $55 if postmarked by 04 September 2010
- Feature Length Script:
- US $35 if postmarked by 09 January 2010
- US $45 if postmarked by 08 May 2010
- US $55 if postmarked by 07 July 2010
- US $65 if postmarked by 04 September 2010