The Robert Bosch Stiftung invites selected fellows from Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe to Germany for a thirteen-month course qualifying them in international cultural management.
The aim of the program is to familiarize a German audience with the cultural variety of these countries, to strengthen network structures for workable cooperative ventures between Germany and its eastern neighbors, and to qualify the next generation of managers for international cultural exchange. The program is carried out by MitOst e.V.
Established in 1964, the Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH is one of the major German foundations associated with a private company. It represents the philanthropic and social endeavors of Robert Bosch (1861–1942) and fulfills his legacy in a contemporary manner. The Robert Bosch Stiftung works predominantly in the fields of International Relations, Health and Education.
MitOst e.V. is an association for cultural and language exchange in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe and runs programs for various foundations. Since 1996, MitOst has been supporting networking between past and present fellows; it also contributes to international understanding in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe with its own projects.
Applicant profile should feature:
- Degree from an institute of higher education
- Proof of initial experience in cultural work or in relatively lengthy practical experience in a cultural institution
- Life mainly centered in applicant’s home country for the last few years
- Good connections to the cultural network in applicant’s home country
- Ability to carry out conceptual design
- Confident manner in public
- Deep interest in cultural exchange in Europe
- Wide range of personal interests and social commitment
- Above-average willingness to take action; independence
- Good knowledge of German
Number of Scholarships
- The cultural managers will receive a monthly stipend of 1000€.
- Travel expenses for the trip to Germany and the seminars will be paid, as will the costs for health, accident and public liability insurance and all costs for seminars.
- The start of a career in the fellow’s home country will be supported in the form of a three-month work experience grant.
You need to download and fill-in the application documents, available only in German language.