Pour l’Instant is once again looking for eight residents for their annual call – Creative Stay For Young Photographers.
The residency of the Encounters of Young International Photography, has from its very beginnings been in Niort, a town of 60,000 inhabitants located on the edge of the Poitevin marshes and 60 kilometres from the Atlantic coast. Every year the town is host to eight young international creators selected on the basis of their application, and this year to be accompanied throughout their stay by Laurent Millet. They will be given technical support from the team of the association “Pour l’Instant”.
Pour l’Instant is looking for young photography artists.
During the residency, the laureates agree to produce an exhibition. The created works will be exhibited from 9 September until 22 October, and will then join the collection of works built up over the years by the association. All negatives and digital files remain the property of the author.
Number of Residencies
Three (3) weeks – from 25 August 2011 to 10 September 2011
The expenses covered for this residency include:
- Supplies required for creation
- Accommodation, breakfast and evening meal from 25 August to 10 September 2011 (included).
- Travel costs within the French territory, for foreign participants from point of arrival in France to Niort (for example: Paris-Niort)
- The works of the selected residents, submitted as part of their application, will be exhibited from 1 July to 7 September. The laureates must agree to ensure delivery of these works to the address of the association “Pour l’Instant” by the beginning of June. The association will reimburse the sender for the cost of transport of works upon presentation of the receipt during the residency.
Any submitted application must include a signed copy of the enclosed application form, a biography, a selection of recent representative works and a text presenting the approach, as well as, optionally, presentation of an intended project for carrying out during this residency.
- For French applications, imperatively:
- all submitted work is to be presented in paper-based form only (traditional or digital), with the sole exception of multimedia work. The format and number are free
- For applications coming from abroad only, other than the above form, it is possible to present work:
- on CD or DVD (low resolution files, Mac/PC compatible and without any downloading being required). The number of works in this case is limited to 25 per series and 2 series maximum
- by e-mail with the same constraints as for work submitted on CD or DVD to the address: pourlinstant [at] wanadoo.fr (please replace [at] with @)