To help stimulate and reward engineering innovation, NASA Tech Briefs magazine is currently hosting the 2015 Create the Future Design Contest and accepting entries from designers worldwide.
The Competition is open for product innovations in seven categories including consumer products, electronics, medical products, sustainable technologies and more.
The Grand Prize for 2015 — provided by COMSOL and Mouser Electronics — is $20,000! First prizes will be awarded in each of the seven competition categories, as well as Popular Vote Prizes and Certificates of Achievement.
Create The Future 2015 includes the following competition categories:
- Aerospace & Defense — Product innovations with applications in the aerospace, aviation, and/or defense markets.
- Automotive/Transportation — Products that enable movement of people and goods from one place to another.
- Consumer Products — Products that increase quality of life in the workplace, at home, during leisure time, or while traveling.
- Electronics — Products that improve computing, communications, and other fields that rely on advances in electronic components, boards and systems.
- Machinery/Automation/Robotics — Products that speed, improve, and/or automate work, manufacturing, and research & development (R&D).
- Medical Products — Products that improve the efficiency and quality of healthcare.
- Sustainable Technologies — Products that reduce dependence on non-renewable energy resources, as well as products designed for other purposes using environmentally friendly materials or manufacturing processes.
The Create the Future contest is an annual event, which has attracted more than 10,000 product design ideas from engineers, entrepreneurs, and students around the world.