With more than 3000 entries from over 11 countries in the 2009 Competition, the Corel Asia Pacific Digital Art Competition is one of the largest in Asia. With over 150 prizes totaling over US $40,000 it is also one of the richest.
Creating art is a powerful form of expression. Corel’s graphics and digital media software provide a rich set of tools to express your creativity. Whether you are a seasoned designer or an aspiring artist, you should take advantage of this opportunity to share your ideas and vision.
Winning entries will be featured on the Corel website!
The theme of the competition is “freedom to create you way.” Entries should promote a concept, whether it is a product, service or just an idea.
There are two entry categories: Open and Student. Entries must be produced with Corel software and may be static works of art or videos that promote a concept.
Work will be judged based on these criteria.
The overall winner will receive:
- Cash: US $5,000
- HP TouchSmart Laptop
- Canon HF S20 HD camcorder
- Wacom® Intuos®4 large or wireless tablet
- Reallusion® iClone®3 Pro
- Trend Micro™ Internet Security
- Corel Software package including:
- CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X5
- Corel® Painter™ 11
- Corel® VideoStudio® Pro X3
- Corel® PaintShop Photo™ Pro X3
- Corel® DVD MovieFactory™ Pro 7
- Corel® WinDVD® Pro 2010
- Corel® WinZip® Pro 14
- Winner’s Certificate
The winners in the Open and Student categories will also receive big prizes. Please visit the official “Prizes” page for detailed information.
- The competition is open to residents of the Asia Pacific region including Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Student entries are limited to students currently enrolled in an accredited academic institution. If you are a student, you may make entries into the Open category but you may not also make submissions in the Student category.
- Non-students must submit in the Open category.
- Entries must be produced using Corel software as the principal design and production tools. Eligible Software includes CorelDRAW® , Painter™ , Painter™ Essentials , PhotoImpact® , PaintShop Photo™ and VideoStudio®.
- Opinions from the competition judges count for 80% of your score.
- 20% of your score comes from on-line voting so be sure to encourage your friends to vote for you!
How to enter?
Submit your entries on the official website by choosing the proper entry form, depending on the category you want to enter.
As part of your entry, you will need to provide a range of files:
- For all entries, a 220(w) x 170(h) JPG thumbnail image
- For all entries, the Corel software project file for your entry (.vsp, .cdr, .ufo, .pspimage, .rif, .riff, etc.) – maximum 6MB file size
- For graphics, a 1024×768, 96 dpi, JPG gallery image
- For videos, the YouTube or Vimeo embed code