Colors of Life announces the 2011-12 Fifth Edition of the Colors of Life International Photo Contest – an International Photo Contest providing an opportunity for photographers to submit and exhibit their works in the United States and internationally.
The goal of this year’s competition is to produce a documentary-style exhibition from the 30 finalist photographs, alerting the world of the need for a better child care. The theme of this year’s competition is “Every Child Matters”.
The Fifth Colors of Life International Photo Contest is open to all photographers.
Preferred subjects for photographs submitted are those related to the issues focused on by Every Child Matters Education Fund, i.e. health care, education, poverty and violence and abuse, each as it involves children in America.
The goal of this year’s competition is to produce a documentary-style exhibition from the 30 finalist photographs that will be utilized by Every Child Matters Education Fund in exhibitions and other events to call attention to its efforts on behalf of children. Given the theme and documentary nature of this year’s competition, the jury will afford significant weight to those submissions adhering closely to the theme in selecting the finalist and prize-winning photos.
- JPG/JPEG 300 ppi, longest dimension 1900 pixels
- File size should not exceed 2 MB each!
- File name should include artist’s first and last name, image title and number
- 1st prize: US $1,500
- 2nd prize: US $1,000
- 3rd prize: US $500
- Two honorable mention awards will be made among the remaining finalist photographs (no cash prizes)
- The Colors of Life International Photo Contest is open to all photographers.
- All forms of photographic medium are eligible.
- Printing and framing of selected finalist images will be provided by Colors of Life with the support of its sponsors.
- All finalist artists must send the selected image(s) in TIFF format (allowing the image to be enlarged to a minimum of 20 x 30 inches) no later than 30 July 2011.
How to enter?
Visit the official website and follow the instructions under the section “How to Enter”. In short, you can submit entries by e-mail or by post.
A non-refundable entry fee of US $40 entitles each artist to submit up to 3 images.