Wildlife photography is one of the best ways to show to a broader public the values and the necessity of hunting and wildlife management. It is for this reason that the CIC – International Council for Game and Wildlife Conservation seeks the help also of non-hunting photographers to help the CIC fulfil its goal for the conservation of nature and all its living creatures.
The 2011 CIC International Competition of Wildlife Photography is open to all professional or amateur photographers, individuals or members of clubs or associations of photographers.
Only photographs of wild animals, birds or mammals, alive and free in their natural environment can be accepted. Also, generally speaking, all types of photographs considered contrary to the ethics of wildlife photography will be excluded.
The theme for the 2011 competition is: “Birds in their natural habitats“. This means that pictures of birds taken in your garden can also be accepted.
The selected photographs will be exhibited during the duration of the 58th CIC General Assembly, from 11 May till 15 May 2011 in St. Petersburg, Russian Federation and they will be submitted to an international jury. The chosen photographs will be awarded with prizes.
- CIC Prize: €1000
- 2nd Prize: €750
- 3rd Prize: €500
- Action/Consolation Prize: €250
- The competition is open to all professional or amateur photographers, individuals or members of clubs or associations of photographers.
- Photographs already submitted to previous CIC competitions will not be accepted.
- Each photographer may submit a maximum of 3 photographs in total;
- Each photographer must submit a summary of the circumstances under which the photograph was taken (text file or in print);
How to enter?
Read the complete official rules and follow the detailed instructions from the organizer.
Send your entries to:Jhr. J.M.A.H. van VREDENBURCH
CH – 1659 Rougemont,