The Charlatan Ink Art Prize calls for entries from artists practicing visual art, for its inaugural edition.
The winner of the inaugural Charlatan Ink Art Prize for the Visual Arts 2011 shall receive the Charlatan Ink Art Prize Silver Ink Well and $25,000 US in prize money.
The Charlatan Ink Art Prize will be held biennially in New York from 2011 onwards, but in an innovative twist will be traveling every other year around the globe. Possible 2012 venues 2014 for 2016 and 2018 are in chronological order Brisbane/Australia; Graz/Austria; Cracow/Poland and Shanghai/China.
The Charlatan Ink Art Prize for Visual Arts is open to:
- painters (in any medium & stylistic expression: classical painting, collages, illustrations, graffiti, drawing, print);
- photographers (film/digital);
- sculptors (3D works/jewellery);
- filmmakers (video/film-camera/animation film);
- conceptual artists (working in all mediums mentioned above);
- crafts (from pottery to weaving to carpet-looming)
The winner of the inaugural Charlatan Ink Art Prize for the Visual Arts 2011 will receive the Charlatan Ink Art Prize Silver Ink Well and $25,000 US in prize money.
The artist with the second highest point score awarded by the jury shall receive the Charlatan Ink Encouragement Prize, which includes a 6 week artist residency at the Carlton Arms Hotel, New York, a Canon G11 Camera and $1,000 US. Furthermore Endeavor Printing will print an exhibition catalog (softcover, max. 75 pages in an edition of 200) for an exhibition the artist might undertake within the next twelve months of the Second Prize win.
The artist with the third highest point score awarded by the jury shall receive a twelve months art expose on the Charlatan Ink website, hosting the artist’s portfolio.
To encourage galleries to forward to their artists all relevant information concerning the Charlatan Ink Art Prize, Charlatan Ink Publishing & Endeavor Printing have committed themselves to print for the gallery that has encouraged the winner to participate in the Charlatan Ink Art Prize, a first class exhibition catalog in an edition of 300 copies (softcover, max. 100 pages).
- An individual work may not be submitted more than once.
- Video clips, animation can’t exceed 5 minutes in length.
- Paintings, drawings and mural project entries (mosaics, reliefs etc) must be suitably framed for handling. A stretched canvas is considered framed. Please remove any hooks or wire, as they can damage other artists’ work.
- Two dimensional works must be no larger in size than 22 500 square cm/3 488 square inch (eg 1.5m x 1.5m or 4.921ft x 4.921ft etc). This applies also to the overall size of multi-panel pieces.
- Sculptures cannot exceed 3 meters/9.843ft in height, 2 square meters/21.53 square foot in area or 1000kg/2205lb in weight. Please note that the average wall height in exhibition spaces is 3.4 meters, floor to ceiling.
- Multi-panel pieces are accepted and are regarded as one work.
How to enter?
Enter online by filling out the appropriate entry form through the Charlatan Ink Art Prize official website.
- Entry form for Conceptual Artists
- Entry form for Video Installation
- Entry form for all other mediums
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the organizers at kunst_project2011 [at] charlatanink.com (please replace [at] with @).
An $50 US (including tax) handling + administration fee has to be paid for each work entered.