CGarchitect.com and Autodesk are seeking for heroes! Not any kind of heroes, but 3ds Max designers with big creativity and imagination.
Submit a scene or design you’ve created using Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2012 or Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design 2012 software, and it could be featured on the next version of 3ds Max Design box cover and splash screen. But that’s only one part of the prize. The creator of the winning entry will be awarded with a Quad GPU Workstation and $5,000 in cash!
And finally, the best part of this contest – entries will be judged on imagination, innovation, not production quality.
Imagination, Innovation, and Ingenious Use of the Max Logo
Autodesk is looking for inventive concepts or renderings of architectural design, mechanical or industrial/product designs like buildings, bridges, vehicles, furniture, and consumer products. Entries will be judged on imagination, innovation, and ingenious use of the max logo, not production quality.
The context of the scene should be design-centric, for example: buildings, bridges, cities, vehicles, consumer products, machines, furniture, building products, landscapes, etc. (no monsters or aliens or please!).
It is important that your renderings integrate the provided 3ds Max logo model.
Oh, Boy! A Quad GPU Workstation for the Winner!
Not only will the winning submission be seen by thousands of 3ds Max Design users on a daily basis, to the winning designer will also receive a 3DBOXX 8550 XTREME Quad GPU Workstation (with 4 Nvidia GPUs; 1 Quadro and 3 Tesla), plus US$5,000 in cash.
Runners-up will receive an NVIDIA® Quadro® 5000.
Important Competition Regulations
- The 3ds Max Design Hero Competition is open to all visitors of CGarchitect.com.
- You, as a competitor, may submit up to five different competition submissions.
- Still images must be a minimum of 3,000 pixels in the smallest dimension.
- Your scene or design must be created with 3ds Max 2012 or 3ds Max Design 2012 software and integrate the 3ds Max logo model provided.
- The production quality of your submission can range from an un-rendered wireframe to a photorealistic rendering.
- Autodesk will have final ownership and copyright of all the final submissions and 3d scene files.
Submit Your Scene(s) on CGarchitect.com
To participate, you must submit a scene or design created with Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2012 software or Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design 2012 software.
If you do not currently own 3ds Max 2012 or 3ds Max Design 2012 software, you can download the free 30-day trial. Students can download 3ds Max Design 2011 from the Autodesk Education Community.