The subject of this architectural competition is the preparation of the preliminary architectural design for the new building: Centre for the Promotion of Science, in Belgrade.
The Ministry of Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia initiated the creation of the new Centre for the Promotion of Science with the intention of bridging the gap between scientists and society as a whole.
A total amount of €100,000 will be available for prizes and honorary mentions.
The subject of the architectural competition is the preparation of the preliminary architectural design for the new building: Centre for the Promotion of Science. It is also required to provide urban and architectural ideas for the remaining part of the Block 39, hosting the University Campus (e.g. Universities of Belgrade: Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, and the Faculty of Organizational Science). The Faculty of Dramatic Arts is already part of the Block 39.
The purpose of the architectural competition is to choose, on the basis of a comparison of designs submitted, the best entry by a participant capable of creating the most suitable design in the fulfillment of the Promoter’s requirements.
The ambition of the competition is to identify proposals that successfully address the Centre for the Promoting of Science needs, while at the same time shedding light on the development opportunities in the area finding urban planning challenges of the Block 39.
A total amount of €100,000 will be available for prizes and honorary mentions. It will be distributed as follows:
- I prize: €60,000
- II prize: €20,000
- III prize: €10,000
- 2 Honoray Mentions, each €5,000
- Architects (architectural teams) may participate in the competition if they meet the following requirements:
- Architects participating in the competition shall be licensed / certified / registered / authorised in a professional body in their country,
- Architectural teams participating in the competition shall have at least one licensed/certified/registered/ authorized architect who will be the team leader.
- The following persons shall not be admitted to take part in the competition:
- Jurors and reserve jurors;
- Members of the Technical Committee;
- The Technical Advisor;
- Persons related to the Promoter of the competition or who have directly participated in the preparation of the competition assignment and in the competition announcement;
- The families of the above persons, as well as persons belonging to any organisation with which the abovementioned are associated as heads, officials or advisors. This stipulation also applies to members of local government and administrative authorities including the Promoter.
- At the time of registration, competitors shall prove their professional competence by submitting a copy of a formal document on their license /registration / certification/ authorisation.
- Should a winner of the competition not meet the set out professional prerequisites (or should he/she give false data in his/her portfolio), the commission shall be discussed with the next ranked competitor. At this stage, the competitors will provide duly certified copies of required documents.
How to enter?
To register for this competition, it is required to fill in the form on the Registration page on the competition’s official website.
During registration procedure, it is necessary to provide the following documentation:
- full contact details including telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address
- copy of license/certificate of membership in professional
- association proving the individual competitor’s or team
- representative’s right to practice the profession in his/her country of residence
- signed statement of license/certificate authenticity, under legal and moral responsibility
- copy of the bank transfer showing that the registration fee has been paid
Competitors must ensure that their entries arrive at the Competition Secretariat on or before: 1 December 2010
Entries shall be sent to the following address:Društvo arhitekta Beograda,
ul.Kneza Miloša 7a/III,
Republic of Serbia
The competitors must pay €200 to the promoter of the competition for the purchase of the tender documentation. Please visit the official website for additional information.