Celeste Network is inviting artists, photographers, designers and architects anywhere in the world to participate in the fourth Celeste Prize international art competition. There will be a final exhibition of 40 artworks, a catalogue of circa 90 pages with circa 130 illustrated works and critical texts, as well as 6 prize awards totaling €20,000.
Excellence in content, contemporary aesthetic, technique, and material is sought in the selection of works for the final exhibition.
If you’re looking for opportunities, Celeste Prize is dedicated to emerging and mid-career artists.
The Call for Celeste Prize 2012 is Open!
The Celeste Prize 2012 competition is open to any person practicing art either as a professional artist in full-time or part-time, student artist or self-taught artist from anywhere in the world. There is no age limit for applicants and the prize is open to all artists whatever their qualifications, with or without experience of public or private exhibitions. The prize encourages participation by artists at every level.
You can enter works in these prize categories:
- Painting & Graphics
- Photography & Digital Graphics
- Video & Animation
- Live Media & Installation
Here is a brief list of (almost) everything that’s new in this year’s edition of the Celeste Prize:
- Katya Garcia-Anton is Curator of the 4th Edition
- New team of international art critics and curators in the Selection Panel
- 40 finalist artists will vote 16,000 euro prizes
- Curator awards one work 3,500 euro
- On the awards night the public votes 500 euro prize for a finalist
- 3 free artist residencies
- Opportunity for video selection, VisualcontainerTV, October
- Opportunity for video selection, FonladFestival, September-December
The entry fee per artwork is €40.